Sunday, March 14, 2010

WHEN I GROW UP...I WANT TO PLAY IN THE NBA
For the past 3 years, Nathaniel has begun dreaming about playing basketball for the rest of his life. I can tell you that his dad is not sad about this AT all...and to listen to Tim and Nathaniel talk on and on about basketball is so much fun...I never knew that you could fill hours talking only about basketball!!!
Nathaniel loves to get up early to look on the internet and see who won the games the night before and watch the highlights. Tim and he have been able to watch a few NBA games live (at 2 or 3 in the middle of the night) as little by little basketball is becoming more popular here in Spain...especially now since there are some Spanish boys playing in the NBA.
So thanks to Auntie Em's...Nathaniel is now prepared to join the Spurs as he has his own uniform..I guess we will have to ask Tony Parker to change his number.
ANYHOW...Nathaniel joined a team last year at a local school and has been loving it. This year, his coach has selected him to also join the Extremadura basketball team (that is kind of like your state team). As he tried-out over a series of 4 weeks, it was awesome to watch Nathaniel give his all in what he was doing but totally trust God with the outcome.
So here he is with his Extremadura jersey...and we are soo proud of him...not just for his hard work on the court but for his great team attitude. His coach has noticed something different in Nathaniel. His teammates parents are always commenting on what an obedient, well-mannered boy he is. We thank Jesus for the work He is doing in Nathaniel's heart and how He is shining through our son. WOW!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment